They’re sweet, small, and tasty. What could be better than bon bons? I took this chocolatey ice cream treat to a different level by making them out of cake and ganache. Very similar to cake pops, only a little more decadent. High quality chocolate is a must in this recipe, so save the Hershey’s for the camp fire!
- Pre-baked cake (flavor and size of cake is your choice)
- 8-10 ounces high quality semisweet chocolate
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Bamboo skewers
1. Bake cake according to instructions on box, let cool completely. Best to refrigerate overnight.
2. Crumble cake with a fork.
3. Take small handfuls and form cake crumbs into 1-inch balls. Refrigerate the balls when finished.
4. In a microwave bowl, heat cream on high for about 30 seconds or more, until milk is steamy. Chop chocolate into coarse chunks.
5. Pour hot cream over chocolate and let sit for a few minutes.
6. Once ganache has cooled to room temp, stick a bamboo skewer in each bon bon and dip in the chocolate ganache, letting the excess drip off.
7. Place on a plastic wrap covered dish and finish dipping until all the bon bons are covered. Chill in fridge for an hour or more.
8. Remove skewers, put your feet up, and enjoy!