I recently went to a cafe that served quinoa in the form of oatmeal, with fresh fruits and steamed milk. I of course had to re-create it myself at home. It’s really easy and you probably already have all you need.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Sliced apples, figs, strawberries (or whatever fruits you have)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons loose masala chai tea (optional)
1. Place the sliced fruits in a bowl and macerate by adding a 1/2 tablespoon of sugar. Add cinnamon and stir to combine. Set aside while you cook the quinoa.
2. In a saucepan combine 2 cups of water and 1 cup quinoa. Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, until all water is evaporated. Serve 1/2 cup of cooked quinoa in a bowl.
3. In a different saucepan, bring the milk and chai tea leaves to scald over medium heat. Do not let the milk boil. When you see tiny bubbles form around the outside edge of the pan, remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes to infuse.
4. Pour the infused milk through a strainer to remove the tea leaves.
5. Pour the infused milk over the prepared quinoa. Add the macerated fruits and enjoy!