When searching for a car seat, one can easily get overwhelmed with the amount of different styles, features, and prices that there are out there. I know I did. It took while and a lot of research but I finally decided on this one. Let’s be honest, pretty much every car seat out there is safe for your baby but it’s still a good idea to know your preferences. I chose this one based on only a few that I had. Besides first deciding that I wanted an infant car seat (because they are usually lighter than convertible ones) I was looking for a seat that would 1. Be easy to install 2. Be light and 3. Fit in my small car. I found all of those things in the Cybex Aton Q and more! Here are just some of the great features that drew me to this one:
- It has genius design. From the side impact bars to the almost fully reclined position for infants, this seat is both safe and stylish.
- It has great colors. There are so many vibrant colors to choose from but not so many that you get overwhelmed.
- It installs in seconds. It uses the LATCH system plus has the easiest tightening mechanism I have seen.
- It’s pretty light. Without the base, it’s 10 pounds which is obviously not the lightest one out there but considering the base attachment pieces are made of steel, I think that’s pretty darn good.
- It has great fabric. I know this is prob not the most important thing but I was really suprised at how soft the fabrics were and even the sunshade is a luxurious spandex-type material (all of which is removable for washing).
- It looks good. This car seat is just really sleek-looking and doesn’t look frumpy, which of course, is a plus. Overall, a huge win Cybex!
Check out my video review plus install!