Ok, so it’s not quite summer yet but I’ve already got beach on the brain! These pillows are so fun and bright and easy! You can cut out any nautical shape of your choice.
You Will Need:
- Fabric of choice, for pillow
- A pre-stuffed pillow (from craft or fabric stores such as Jo-Anns)
- Sewing Machine
1. Decide how big of a piece of fabric you will need for the pillow cover by measuring the pre-stuffed pillow. Trace a 2-inch border along the outside of the pillow on the fabric and cut out.
2. Draw the shape of your design for the front of the pillow on the felt and cut out.
3. Place the shape in the middle of the fabric and sew along the edges.
4. Sew the pillow cover along all sides, making sure to leave an opening for the pre-stuffed pillow.
5. Insert pillow and sew up the edge. You can also add buttons along the side for decorative purposes.
More in Home
If you don’t own a kettle bell, I would highly recommend getting one…or three. I got mine from Amazon. You can get the same set here. I never cease to be amazed at how many muscle groups you can target with these babies. Kettle bell swings are probably my most favorite exercise. It’s fun and you will definitely... Continue reading →
Ok, so it’s not quite summer yet but I’ve already got beach on the brain! These pillows are so fun and bright and easy! You can cut out any nautical shape of your choice. You Will Need: Fabric of choice, for pillow Felt A pre-stuffed pillow (from craft or fabric stores such as Jo-Anns) Sewing... Continue reading →
I absolutely love stripes. I don’t know when the fascination started, but I have a closet full of stripes in every direction. I love the shade of this blue contrasted with the pop of yellow on the collar. And, of course, I must have my gold bracelets. Accessories are my favorite! I have a pretty bold shoe... Continue reading →
More in Play House
I’ve been experimenting recently with ways to bring nature into my home and came across this idea of using dried flowers in individual vases. I used several small glass vases that are a mix of spice jars, a jam jar, a candy dish, and a white wine bottle that I had cleaned out and removed... Continue reading →
I’ve been wanting to incorporate succulents in my home for a while now, but I am no gardener and I think I have a black thumb, or purple; not really sure what the opposite of a green thumb is. But whatever it is, I have that. I end up overwatering, not watering enough, or just forgetting about... Continue reading →
Bullitt loves his clothes. But even more, he loves being warm. I made this cute and easy pull-through scarf for him and he just looks so handsome. I think he could get used to this modeling thing…