As this month of Healthy Hair comes to a close I want to go over some of the things I have learned on this journey. It’s been a great learning experience and I feel like I have learned a lot about how my hair behaves and what I can do to keep it healthy. My goal for this segment was to develop a haircare routine that will help me get to a place of having consistently healthy hair-from the inside out. I feel like I was able to develop a routine that is customized to my hair type and texture and I will continue to stick to it!
My haircare routine:
1. Before shampooing I use a stimulating scalp serum of essential oils to encourage growth
2. Shampoo with a non-sulfate, low foaming shampoo
3. Either one of the following: hair mask, apple cider vinegar rinse, or coconut oil
4. Use a pillowcase to squeeze excess water from hair and use a wide-toothed comb to untangle any knots
5. Apply split end serum to damp ends only
6. Spray on heat protectant if blow-drying or use a gel or mousse to encourage natural curls
Before I began this segment, I found myself having really dull looking hair that wasn’t very shiny and was prone to breakage. Since then, I have got a healthy trim and I really think the split end serum has helped because I don’t notice any split ends yet. Here are a couple before and after shots.
Here is a recap of what I went over this month:
Thank you for following me on this journey to healthier hair. I may not have perfect hair, but I have definitely learned a lot about my own hair and have figured out some ways to keep it healthier. I hope you have learned some things as well, feel free to share anything you’ve learned by leaving a comment.
Stay tuned for the last post tomorrow!
Here’s to a lifetime of healthy hair!