Easy, quick, effortless. Three words we all want when it comes to our hair, am I right? Whether you are too busy, too tired, or too lazy (let’s just be honest) I feel like this hairstyle meets any of those. Loose waves seem to be on the heads of everyone these days, both on long and short hair. You can see this hairstyle anywhere from the red carpet to the beach, and that’s why I love it so much. It’s just so versatile. I tend to wear this hairstyle most often because it lasts for days and tends to only look better as the days go on. So here is my step-by-step guide. Grab your curling wand!
1. Start with freshly washed and dried hair (can also be done on second-day hair)
2. I clipped in my extensions for thickness and length. Skip this step if you are blessed with a thick head of hair!
3. Using a clip-less curling iron wand, start curling 1-inch sections of hair away from your face. Make sure not to curl all the way down the strand of hair, this is key to the loose wave effect!
4. Tug gently on the end of the curled strand and repeat the process until all hair is curled.
5. Once all the hair is curled , use the pick end of a comb and run through all your hair, poking in downward motions. You’re basically separating the curls with the pick. This creates a more beachy look than finger-picking does.
6. Use a small amount of hair wax and rub it between your palms. 7. Distribute the wax on the ends of the hair first, pinching the ends of small sections of hair. 8. Finish by dispersing what’s left on your hands throughout the rest of your hair. Viola!
*Warning: Hairstyle may cause unexplainable hair flips and overall sassiness throughout the day*